AETNA, BCBS, CIGNA, UHC/UBH, MEDCOST, MERITAIN HEALTH
About Dr. Penati
Biancamaria Penati, Ph.D. has had the pleasure of working at GMH since 1996. Dr. Penati works with children, adolescents, and young adults, and tailors her treatment approach to each individual’s needs and goals. Dr. Penati conducts comprehensive psychological evaluations, ADHD/ADD evaluations, and educational testing to assess for learning disabilities. She has also been conducting Early Kindergarten Evaluations for over 15 years.
Dr. Penati is intensively trained in Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT). DBT is a combination of individual and group treatment for those who have difficulties regulating emotion. The goal of DBT is learning to validate your experiences while also gaining skills that improve your quality of life, reduce stress, regulate emotions, and maintain effective relationships.
Dr. Penati takes a dialectic approach to therapy that focuses both on acceptance and change: accepting that we are doing the best we can, and that we can make changes that will improve our quality of life. When working with clients, Dr. Penati strives to promote a safe, confidential, and accepting environment to foster trust and a strong therapeutic relationship. Her treatment style is collaborative and incorporates enthusiasm, creativity, and a sense of humor into her therapy work.
Using mainly Cognitive Behavioral strategies and DBT skills, Dr. Penati will work with you to help you recognize and develop your already existing strengths and develop new skills, so you can incorporate them and apply them toward achieving your goals and improving your life.
- B.A., University of Rochester, Rochester, NY
- M.S. and Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, Milwaukee, WI.
- Internship - Clinical Psychology at Duke Medical Center, Durham, NC
- Post Doctoral Fellowship at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pa.
- Post Doctoral Fellowship at University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Hospital, Chapel Hill, NC.
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy Intensive Training through Behavioral Tech LLC
- Assessment/Testing with children, adolescents & young adults
- In-depth Diagnostic evaluations
- Psycho-educational evaluations
- Learning Disability Evaluations
- Early Kindergarten Evaluations
- Major Depressive Disorder
- Anxiety Disorders
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Affective Disorder (BPAD)
- Chronic Medical Issues
- Interpersonal Relationships
- LGBTQ Affirming