Assessment & Treatment
Dr. Meginnis-Payne's Resources
Here are a few Books and Links I like.
- In The Ream of Hungry Ghosts: Close Encounters with Addiction (Mate)
- Her Best-Kept Secret: Why Women Drink--and How They Can Regain Control (Glaser)
- The Willpower Instinct: How Self-Control Works, Why It Matters, and What You Can Do to Get More of It (McGonigal)
- The 30-Day Sobriety Solution: How to Cut Back or Quit Drinking in the Privacy of Your Own Home (Canfield & Andrews)
- Ten Percent Happier: How I Tamed The Voice in my Head, Reduced Stress without Losing your Edge, and Found Self-Help That Actually Works--A True Story (Harris)
- No Sweat: How the Simple Science of Motivation Can Bring You a Lifetime of Fitness (Segar)
- The Shelter of Each Other: Rebuilding Our Families (2008)
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) -- instructions for acupoint tapping
- Youper: an app that helps track mood, investigate and challenge unhelpful ways of thinking—described as “AI-powered assistant for better emotional health. It helps you feel your best with quick conversations and tools to take control of your emotional health”
Grew Morter & Hartye P.A.
3141 John Humphries Wynd Suite 275, Raleigh, NC 27612